Join Shelby Forums Today

Another new guy...

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by BH107, Mar 27, 2012.

1. BH107

BH107 New Member

Another new guy here from San Diego, CA. I don't currently have a Shelby, or even a Mustang for that matter, but hopefully someday soon. I am and always will be a die hard Ford fan.

Growing up all I ever wanted was a Mustang fastback. Unfortunately when I was 14 and buying my first car, both fastbacks that I looked at were a little too rough for my first attempt at a restoration (looking back I wish I could have picked them all up!). I ended up with a Springtime Yellow 67 GTA coupe. By the time I turned 16 it was running and on the road, and when I graduated high school it was completely restored. 2 years later I moved to Virginia to finish my bachelors degree in business, so the car had to go. Now, 10 years later I still miss that car, but know one day I'll have a fastback like I always wanted.

Currently I'm working on a few Ford projects with my dad. We are in the middle of getting a 63 406 Galaxie on the road, and building a Thunderbolt replica from the ground up. We also buy and sell many different Fords, and in the last 5 years have probably had mroe that 20, including a Sunbeam Tiger and a 69 R Code Mach 1.

Hopefully some day soon I'll end up with my fastback so I can do a tastefull Shelby tribute and not another Eleanore (no offense to anyone who has one).

I'm looking forward to contributing here where I can.

-Ben

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Sounds like some good projects, current and past.:thumbup: Welcome!
    Randall