Join Shelby Forums Today

Im doing a Shelby RestoMod/Tribute

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by scottyb, Mar 23, 2012.

1. scottyb

scottyb New Member

Hi there,

I'm new here Located in Northern Virginia and currently in the process of a RestoMod of my fathers (original owner) 1967 Mustang Fastback. When he purchased it new in 1966 it cost him about $2950.. He ended up using that car to drive me home from the Hospital when I was born (so you could say my first ride was in a very cool car) and in about 1985 the car was taken off the road and stored in our Back Yard. I dug it out about 6 months ago. And the rust was just amazing.. everywhere.. The car was being eaten alive!

My dad kept adding Shelby mod's to his mustang since new.. in fact he insisted that his 1967 mustang become a 1968 GT350, and has it almost there body wise.. Lack of funds and time kept him from finishing it and so I've picked where he left off. We did some slight body modifications and I am really looking for some feedback so far. The front end is completely custom/fabricated from the original fiberglass 1968 front end that he put on the car, and I'm sure you will see many more interesting mods. I am not talented in ways of making the old look new, but I think my guys are doing a great job so far, so check it out!

Here is the original:

[​IMG]

And while we have not yet finished of course, this is a standup just before buff and skuff of the new body style:

[​IMG]

Let me know your thoughts (and Yes I fully realize this is not how it was meant to look). I have a full documentary of the entire restomod process.. we've been going for 6 months and so far we only have the body complete.

ETA on the project is May 2012..

2. jy7duality

jy7duality New Member

Absolutely gorgeous car, who cares what the car was "meant" to look-like, you did a great interpretation of a classic. Good job man! White on fastbacks looks really elegant but mean at the same time, great color scheme. :thumbup: