Join Shelby Forums Today

New member with '69 Shelby GT500 parts

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by DonziGT230, Jan 27, 2012.

1. DonziGT230

DonziGT230 New Member

Hi all. I'm a Mustang lover and have had several over the years, the only constant is my '73 I bought about 20 years ago-first car I bought. I'd love to afford a nice Shelby, maybe some day.
    I have several parts from my friend's car that I'd like to sell and I'm hoping for a little assistance. The car was modified for drag racing way before he got it and he was forced to sell it and kept all these parts laying around. I have the intake manifold, fan shroud, two A/C condensers, heater core and A/C evap. box assembly, blower box assembly and all the ducting for the heater & A/C. I mostly want to know if the intake is special to the GT500 or if it's generic to any 428. I assume the climate control stuff is generic to any '69 mustang and would like to know what other cars it may fit. Anything special to the 500 I want to sell to a 500 owner that's restoring a car because I know it can't be easy to find this stuff and don't want to see it lost to some average car or truck. If it's all generic Mustang then I'll let it go to anyone. Any assistance on pricing any of this stuff would also be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you, Oscar.

2. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Stock manifold would be cast iron (don't hurt your back when you lift it) for a 428CJ, value depends if all the fittings and valves are still with it or not, is your car a 4spd, or an automatic. Pretty generic BB Mustang stuff (all the AC stuff for certain).

Bill S.

3. DonziGT230

DonziGT230 New Member

The manifold is iron, C8AE 8425-F and has a big S to the left of the part#. It has two water hose fittings and a temp. sender. The manifold came off a 4 speed car.

My '73 is an auto. 351C 2V with an aftermarket 4 barrel, C4 trans., 8" 3.50 open rear. It's a common hardtop notchback with a mach1 hood. I have some 4V closed chambers that may get onto it. The car's in very poor shape overall. I hope that some day I'll get her back to nice.

4. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

The intake is for a 390 and not a 428 CJ. The best of luck with your project. Bob

5. DonziGT230

DonziGT230 New Member

A 390?!? Thank you! I'm glad I checked in here before making a bigger fool of myself.

6. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

The big "S" is the give away. I wouldn't turn down any money for it because they are not in demand so they do not have much value. Bob