Join Shelby Forums Today

1967 Shelby GT500

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Realist, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Realist

Realist New Member

I am looking for a 1967 GT500 in excellent shape. Ideal vehicle would be a accident free 4-speed with matching #'s throughout. Preferably Blue with White stripes, or White with Blue stripes. Low mileage a plus. If you, or anyone you know, is interested in selling such a vehicle, please contact me through the forum.

2. bigb427

bigb427 Active Member

What's your budget like?

3. Realist

Realist New Member

For the perfect vehicle, I am flexible, but would think that the target should be in the area of $130k to $160k?

4. ceswert

ceswert Member

Go to shelbymustang.com Bret has cars for sale and knows where others are.

5. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Bill Collins may have what you need as he quite active with SAAC

http://www.bcfords.com/

Give him a call as he has a binder full of cars for sale.

Bill S.

6. rsimkins

rsimkins Well-Known Member

+1

7. Realist

Realist New Member

To Rsimpkins, mrmustang and ceswert:

Thank you all very much for your assistance. I have been to each of those sights (as well as many others) to review their vehicles, and haven't yet seen what I am looking for. Very few '67's around in excellent shape. While I expect that the market will continue churning these cars, I have found a couple in very nice condition, but too expensive (in my opinion, in today's market), along with a couple of real nice potentials, but with the wrong engines.

Does anyone know how difficult it would be to find a correct 1967 "date stamped" engine, and would it be fair to assume that the current transmission would be incorrect, assuming I was able to locate one, as well (effectively, defeating the purpose? I certainly wasn't planning to restore one of these beauty's, and would prefer to buy one all ready to to drive/store, but that may be the way to go? I am not the least bit handy, so I would need to contract this out to a very experienced Shelby restoration shop. Would be interested to know how much it would cost for a concourse restoration job, if anyone has been through it before.

8. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

That is why I told you to call them, as not everything is listed on their web sites. if your serious about buying a car, then a few minutes on the phone with Brett and Bill would not be out of the question.

Bill S.