Join Shelby Forums Today

Don Pike Shelby Group II Mustang

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by octard, Dec 28, 2011.

1. octard

octard New Member

Hello Folks,

This photo was sent to me by a friend, Jon Mello. There are some details of this car on the web, and I have the 1997 Shelby Registry (with this entry):

PROTO: Prototype Group II racer. Originally purchased by Shelby American from a local Ford dealership. Modified to Group II specs and used as development and test car. Purchased from Shelby American by Donald Peck (Santa Monica, CA) 4/15/66 as used race car "as is." Raced by Don Pike/John Timanus in Pan American 6-Hour Trans-Am (5th); Don Pike/Scooter Patrick in Riverside 4-Hour Trans-Am (DNF). Present owner Rick Nagel (Dallas, TX).

We would enjoy hearing any more from the members of this forum on the car and crew. The fellow kneeling in the white outfit appears to have the name of "Jack" on his shirt... If that might spark a memory.

-Chad

PS. My 2011 Shelby World Registry is on the way, so perhaps there is already a great deal more information in this new edition.

Attached Files: