Join Shelby Forums Today

autographed 1/18 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C....rare series

Discussion in 'Shelby Collectibles: Books, Model Cars, Posters & ' started by Jon Mopar, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Jon Mopar

Jon Mopar Member

The spiel:

1/18 diecast "Cobra Country" edition 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C Semi Competition, inBlue metallic w/Wimbledon white stripes, featuring Carroll Shelby's personal hand-signature on the hood. This particular car was offered by the "Cobra Country" club in 1999, only 1 of 50 like it were autographed for Cobra Country. From what I understand, in 1999, individuals lucky enough to win the opportunity to purchase one, did so for around $300 shipping/handling (back in the days before you could buy his signature from the Foundation). Signed by Carroll Shelby while his operations were in California, it comes with a Certificate of Authentication Certificate, which is is in very good condition, especially considering it's almost 13yrs old. Display case for certificate included. Not a fake printed signature, this one is the real deal.

It's nicely detailed, featuring offset wheels, detailed interior complete with fire extinguisher, and a 427cui V8. I don't have the original box/shipping base (they were unmarked anyway). Comes from a smoke free, pet free environment and has NEVER seen dust.

A nice piece and a welcome break from the more common autographed pieces you find from the Shelby Foundation.

$219 us + shipping. Feel free to PM me. Just looking to get out of it what I paid for it. thanks

now for the good part....pics :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jon Mopar

Jon Mopar Member

...will throw in an autographed surprise if I get my asking price. Hint: a Hotwheels shelby.

3. Jon Mopar

Jon Mopar Member

thanks. I hope it sells and goes to a good home. It's an eye catching piece....looks great on display

4. Jon Mopar

Jon Mopar Member

No offers??? I'm surprised.....diecast collectors seemed more interested then Shelby guys.

5. Shelby92

Shelby92 New Member