Join Shelby Forums Today

2008 Super Snake Conversion Query

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by Chez2001, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Chez2001

Chez2001 New Member

Hello all, I just registered today (my first post) and my question is regarding a close friend's '08 GT 500 to Super Snake Conversion. He bought the car right off the showroom floor, and drove it home (12 miles). It was then transported to the Shelby Team in Las Vegas and transformed to a fully loaded Super Snake. Upon completion & testing (and additional 12 miles) the machine and all of the original GT 500 parts were boxed up & shipped back home to his private showroom (where it remains today with a total of 24 miles).
    Our question: Is there a market for the GT 500 parts that is readily available or do we resort to listing these parts with various online auction sites and sell them item by item? It is quite a cache of goodies and we would prefer to sell them as a package. What do the majority of the conversion clients do with the OEM items?

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

I see them being sold item by item on various websites. I am sure somebody would buy the whole package but you might have more luck selling individually.
    Randall

3. Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines Well-Known Member

They sell them individually. Many just keep them thinking they may be part of the history of the car or if someone wants to convert back. I suspect history will prove out that it will not make any differeance what so ever if they go with the car when sold. Few if any will ever want to convert back to Fords factory stock . If you sell as a package you would most likely have to sell for a very low price (market used low price not what you think is a low price:D ) to get someone to bite in my opinion.Bob