Join Shelby Forums Today

2007 Ford Shelby G.T.500

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by rshelby, May 4, 2005.

Are you planning to purchase a 2007 Shelby Mustang G.T.500?

1. Yes

60 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. I need to see/drive the car before I decide.

11 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. Big_Slick737

Big_Slick737 Active Member

Re: 2007 Ford Shelby G.T.500 (UPDATE)

If Ford And SVT wanted to make just another Mustang Cobra... Then I am ok with all the changes and cutting corners on the tail of the car for cost and manufacturing purposes, even the Ugly Hood can stay. But if your going to make a Shelby mustang, don't cut corners and crap on the good name of a car legend like Carroll Shelby and go cheap. A Shelby mustang is suppose to be unique and different from the standard Mustang GT's of the world, and anything else SVT wants to roll out with different ground effects and moldings and engine modifications.

Just FYI, I was driving home and saw 3 different cars manufactured by 3 different companies with center brake lights built into the spoiler, and they were all firing down. (So its not a DOT issue) which means the excuse is definitely a cop out so that ford can be cheap. Hmmm go figure.

Hopefully the final versions will be much much better than this, if not then I can see why Carroll Shelby stopped dealing with Ford in the past, because they wouldn't make the cars that he envisioned or approved, without overly medaling before getting to the final product.

I have my fingers crossed that they get rid of that hood and get back to the concept tail end.

2. ColdwaterHotRod

ColdwaterHotRod Well-Known Member

You might be onto something here. Maybe their testing the waters to see if they can build a regular SVT Cobra Mustang & One Super Powerful, Very Limited Shelby GT 500 Mustang? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If you look at the photos of both the red car & the yellow car, the interior (seats) they have shown (2) different styles, one with the two-tone red & red thread stiching & one all black with a Embroidered Cobra. Now throw in the different decklids, spoilers, hood openings & striping & we might actually be seeing (2) different models coming out?.....with 2 different price ranges? :wacko:

Hhmmm something more to think about. :lmao:

3. Big_Slick737

Big_Slick737 Active Member

That is definately a possiblity... I was considering the same thing... they had mentioned in Motor Trend Mag that they were going to come out with a Boss Mustang, or even a GT350, or another Mach I. The changes may be the precurser to any one of the off shoot models to be manufactured at a later date, after the GT500 is released. :thumbsup: Please let it be so :dance:

4. TruBlu01

TruBlu01 Member

True, they could be test muling another motor since he wouldn't open the hood. Either way I'm putting on a Whipple! :guns:

5. BLU SHLB

BLU SHLB Active Member

The SVT guy did say that people were freaking out because the "test mules" that were appearing in car shows as the upcoming GT 500 were getting a lot of negative feedback.
    People started to complain about the design changes. He also said, specifically, that people were complaining about the hood, but he explained that the design was nessecary for the exhaust of the incoming air. It really didn't strike me that the hood design change was a decision made for financial gain, as much as it was a engineering nessecity. (unlike the rear deck lid, re-locating the SHELBY lettering to one side)
    Either way, I think both changes are horrible, and I really wonder how I'll feel, once I shell out 45K+ for a watered-down version of what should have been.

6. R. La Barre

R. La Barre Well-Known Member

This is all very interesting; I still want one. The conversation in the video posted by 2007GT500 tells much; ie., it is still a work in progress. I'm sure the appearance of the car at that show was to get feed back. I hope what they learned there matches w/ our desires to have the Shelby name prominant. Personally, I don't want an IRS that I have to pay more to get which will probably break w/ the horse power & torgue that's expected. Everyone I've spoken to who has an '05 says the new rear configuration is just about perfect.

7. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

I don't think there will be a v-10 in this car, but I have seen the silver 03 mule running around Detroit with a v-10 in it. My brother is an electrical engineer at Visteon and works with people who helped get the thing wired up and running.
    P.S. the v-10 fits in the 03 fine, so I'm sure it will fit the 05 up cars.