Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby Charger chassis fab question

Discussion in 'Shelby Dodge' started by deathek, Oct 1, 2011.

1. deathek

deathek New Member

I am wanting to customize my shelby charger,and was wondering if anyone nows of a frame from another car that would fit under it to hold a v8, i have did research, and an 80's v8 mustang is only a few inches wider then my shelby charger. if any one has any suggestions i would be appreciative. and please dont reply with hate mail or hate-replies, cause it is immature, this is an honest question. thank you

2. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Sorry,no bolt in chassis that will work. Anything you do will require custom fabrication.

3. deathek

deathek New Member

so will the 80's gt sub-frame work with some fab work done to them? or would it be just as hard to make a full chassis? i have made chassis's before with my father. ( both were full 2 x 3, on a vega, and second was a vega gt.) i do want to get into a little racing, so ill prolly just go with making a chassis. but any info u could shed would be nice. like a v8 rear-end that will fit decent, i do know the mustang gt's around 84 have a body width of around 3 inch's wider then my shelby.

:alarm::lmao:

4. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

It's a custom install, so you get to be the guinea pig and the person to document your discoveries.

5. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

I think direct connection used to make a kit for this type of swap. I remember seeing a couple done back in the nineties.

6. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew