Join Shelby Forums Today

Cobra Daytona coupe at Pebble Beach, what CSX?

Discussion in 'Shelby Cobra' started by bitzman, Aug 31, 2011.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

The crowd was so thick I couldn't even see the whole car. Cosmeticaly it seemed the most perfect one I ever saw. The program said it was owned by
    Jorge Gregorio & Luis Perez Company of Argentina. Does that help? Like to know the car's racing history and when it was taken to Argentina.

2. ERIK

ERIK Member

CSX2601....sold at the Monterey Mecum Auction in 2009....to guess who..... (J.G. & L.P.C. of Argentina)....

3. A-Snake

A-Snake Well-Known Member

Erik, Didn't it pass through another pair of hands first?

4. ERIK

ERIK Member

Jim, I may have jumped the gun on that one.... I'm sure Ned should know the answer to that one. Wasn't 2601 owned by a group of investors at the 2009 Mecum Spring Fling auction at Indy prior to the second showing at Monterey since it was a no-sale at Indy? I remember seeing Colin in the audience looking to bid on the Daytona at Indy....

5. A-Snake

Erik,
    PM Sent

6. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

I believe that Colin was interviewed briefly about his interest in bidding on the car at the end of the Indy auction. It may have been the HDTheater coverage or the show titled Greatest American Race Car also on HDTheater.

7. A-Snake

The car was purchased at the Mecum Monterey auction by another American collector before being resold to the present owner in Argentina.

8. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

If you're ever in Philly, not that I would wish that on anyone.... :D, visit the Simeone Foundation Museum just north of the Airport and see CSX-2287, the Bonneville Salt Flats car. Car looks like it just came off the Salt Flats, and the museum is terrific. http://simeonemuseum.org/the-cars :thumbup: