Join Shelby Forums Today

How do you clean these dadgum wheels?

Discussion in '1965-1970 Shelby Mustang GT350 & GT500' started by J.Bailey, May 2, 2005.

1. J.Bailey

J.Bailey Well-Known Member

I've got a 1968 Shelby G.T.350 convertible with the aluminum 10-spoke wheels and I cannot get them to "look" clean and crisp. Anybody out there got any good ideas for accomplishing this frustrating task?

2. CSX375

CSX375 Well-Known Member

I know this will sound like blasphemy, but one of the best things ive found are those green scrubbie pads for dishes. I have no idea what it COULD do to the wheel, but I used it on all my cars, granted, two of them were ford taurus's, but I have yet to have even a sugestion of a foul effect.

:alarm:

3. The Commissioner

The Commissioner Well-Known Member

Mother's aluminum paste wax. Grab something comfortable to sit on, beverage of choice, tunes/TV to listen to, and go at it. First time I detailed the wheels, I did one each day, spending a couple hours on each one. The difference was night and day and worth the effort. I don't use them much now, have a nice set of Torque Thrust D's which look terrific on the 67 GT350, I just leave them on now and keep the 10 spokes in the corner covered up with a blanket.

4. rodneyw71

rodneyw71 Member

My Shelby chargers front rims were bad, I went to Walmart got some wheel cleaner and a small brush and a tooth brush (for the small cracks) and they turned out nice.