Join Shelby Forums Today

Original Carroll Shelby signature

Discussion in 'Shelby Cobra' started by Willi1805, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Willi1805

Willi1805 New Member

Hi ,
    I am William , I come from Belgium , and this summer I went to Denver , CO . I had a great time , but that's not the point . On the 6th of August I went to the Shelby event in Boulder , and I met Carroll Shelby himself :D . It was a great honor , because I am a huge fan of his cars . An hour before I bougth a die-cast shelby cobra 427 s/c , and hoped Mr. Shelby would sign it . When I was at the show , I asked him , if he would sign my car . But I didn't knew , he wouldn't sign anything . I was a bit upset , but finally I understood , he's 88 years old , and I was not going to push him to sign my car :) , so I waited for the others drivers from shelby , to sign it , they agreed , and one of the drivers , Tom Yeager told me I had a beautiful car , and he asked me if I wanna let it been signed by Shelby so I explained , I already tried . But he said he had a favor from Shelby , so he went to Mr. Shelby and finally , my car was signed by Carroll Shelby and all the drivers from Shelby racing team , like Bob Bondurant , and all the other one , Tom yeager too . So now I am very excited and thankfull , I was the only one who had something signed by Carroll Shelby ! my question is now , does it mean that my car has a higher value now ? Thanks for response :D here's a picture of my cobra :D

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...079405397482.110603.1615449379&type=1&theater

2. zrayr

zrayr Well-Known Member

No.

There are many thousands of Carroll Shelby signatures on a wide range of items out there. The signature is not rare. Perhaps interesting, but of zero monetary value.

Z

3. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

If you would like anything else signed by Carroll, you can send the item to his Foundationa and make a charitible conribution at

http://www.cscf.org/

He probably ignored you at first because so many try to get a free signature without helping his Foundation.

:cool:

4. Ranger Jerry

Ranger Jerry Well-Known Member

Guests were told for this event that he wouldn't be signing autographs. He did take pictures with anyone who wanted them while he was there. The other honored guest took picture and signed posters and memorabilia all night. It was a great time and turnout. I'm going to miss the annual Christmas party at the museum, but the weather is sure nicer this time of the year! Thanks Shelby American Collection.