Join Shelby Forums Today

Pete Brock on The Car Show

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by rshelby, Jul 31, 2011.

1. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Pete Brock makes an appearance on The Car Show, hosted by Adam Carolla on the Speed channel.

Click the following link for times.

Speed channel - The Car Show

2. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

I saw it. Peter Brock made a tremendous contribution to Shelby back in the 1960s. But, I will give you my honest opinion, telling people skinny tires and fuel economy is the wave of the future, maybe true, but its not what the guardians of the muscle car era want to hear.

:cigar:

3. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Pete Brock on '63 Corvette

I didn't hear the Carolla interview but at the Art Center Classic concours, he was talking about how he designed the '63 Corvette Stingray (while displaying the wonderful Triumph 250-K one off car he designed) . Of course I have seen pictures in books of the clay model of the Q-Corvette prototype of the late '50s, which looked Stingray-ish, (but was dropped because it required a transaxle which was not commercially available yet) but back when I grew up in Detroit I knew Larry Shinoda and his boss Bill Mitchell and recollect they got all the publicity for designing the Stingray.Brock's name mentioned. I know Brock worked at GM as a trainee/intern during the time the Q-Corvette was being noodled on but find it hard to believe a 19-year old would be put in charge of designing a future Corvette.

4. 2112

2112 Member

Um, he put a small block Chev in his personal Daytona replica. :thumbdown

Nuff said...............Next?

Dude is a sellout.