Join Shelby Forums Today

Car show

Discussion in 'Open Community Forum' started by 1sgt, Jul 25, 2011.

1. 1sgt

1sgt Well-Known Member

I been to few car shows and I see them putting out Gas cans , water and oil cans . Some are great looking cans . When judging do they get points for that or just for showing ? I also see books on tables to ?

2. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Can't speak for all shows, but most are judging the car only. There may be a few shows with extra categories like "best display", or "best overall presentation", but those shows are far and few between. Some people just like to go the extra mile, while stepping away from carrying all of their past trophys for display.

Bill S.

3. 1sgt

1sgt Well-Known Member

Thanks I think it's a lot of work+ . It looks great .

4. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Recently, I saw somebody display a small scale die cast model, similar to his car, same model, year and color, on the air filter cover...I think it was a red 1967 GT500 with white stripes. I have seen a variety of other items specific to that brand of car (Shelby, Ferrari or whatever) but I have not seen oil cans.
    Randall

5. 1sgt

1sgt Well-Known Member

Yes I see lot of die cast with books to . What I'm asking when judgeing cars at the shows do you get points for these ???

6. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Again,no

7. 1sgt

1sgt Well-Known Member

Great Thanks again.

8. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

Think about the shows where you have seen the "cool cans". Usually an indoor ISCA or Autorama type weekend show. Those shows allow and often promote some showmanship which would mean a nice display area.

The usually outdoor, one day shows I've been to haven't had a lot of display stuff, other than the diecast or model car stuff. Still, no points given that I am aware of. At an MCA show, display-like stuff is discouraged so the judges can look at the car without being overly concerned about stepping on anything.

Showmanship is always good, no need to big any or all the past trophies.