Join Shelby Forums Today

3D movie bio of Shelby? what's the scoop?

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by bitzman, Jul 18, 2011.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

I found this short blurb on the net

http://gatesman.com/blog/2010/08/carroll-shelbys-wife-drives-a-mini-van/

where the guy writing it says he is working on a 3D biography of Shelby. Apparently whoever this guy is, he took some pictures of some of the cars
    in the Shelby collection (isn't that the 351 Cleveland powered blue Cobra?). But he doesn't say much, like what this reader really wants to know is:

name of project?
    film company?
    Director?
    Producer?
    Is this for TV or for the big screen?
    documentary or drama?
    If drama, who plays Shelby?

If anybody knows more, love to hear more facts,

2. Ambivert

Ambivert New Member

Hey, those are photos I took at Shelby's place in California. The project was a pilot for a 3D Imax documentary about Carroll Shelby, his life and his legacy to the American Automobile. At this point the project is currently looking for funding and when it is complete I'm certain it will be well publicized on forums like this one.

Shelby's life is fascinating and the film will be of interest, not only to enthusiasts but to people who have never heard of him.

The production company is 21st Century 3D.

3. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

As mentioned by the photographer, those shots were taken at Carroll's place in Gardena.

Sounds like a good project. By the way, in the linked blurb, you (Ambivert) mention that his wife drove up on a mini van, which may have been a surprise. She also has a Range Rover but Carroll has been driving mini vans regularly since his days working with Dodge/Chrysler.

RS