Join Shelby Forums Today

I'm getting screwed by tsb's help please anyone.

Discussion in 'General Website Info & Help' started by Honkey Kong, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Honkey Kong

Honkey Kong New Member

Anyone I need some advice or anything that will help me out.
    Here is my dilemma. I had to take my 2007 GT500 to Ford Dec 09 because of a Flywheel problem. Come to find out there was a TSB about the flywheel and for a month I had to fight with my Ford Service Dept. about getting it fixed with no charge. After they were told since it was around the holidays a Field Service Engineer wouldn't make it out for while, they "fixed" the car putting the new flywheel in. That was Dec 31st New Years Eve.

SHORTLY after that 4th gear would stick every so often when shifting.
    I took it to another Ford Service Dept. in hopes of a better experience. Didn't happen they dismissed this on two different occasions claiming when they drove it, it seemed fine.

WELL fast forward to now...the clutch has started slipping bad so I took it to the Ford Service Dept that fixed it originally. And upon them looking at it they are now telling me I need a new Clutch system and it has scratched the flywheel and I'll need a new one of those too for a grand total of $2,950!!!

Then I see there was a TSB published FEB 2010 about the clutch. I mention this and the tech says this TSB was preformed the first time. HOW IN THE HELL could that be if this TSB about the clutch was published FEB 2010 and my car was fixed DEC 09???

If anyone has any information on what I should do next or ammo I can use for this fight I'd greatly appreciate it. This seems to be a pretty common thing with 2007-2009 Shelbys.
    Why the hell aren't these just made recalls?

HELP ANYONE

2. G8R CHOMP

G8R CHOMP Member

If you have the 2010 Hydraulic Clutch in your 2007, then they applied the correct fix according to the Feb 2010 TSB. It seems unlikely, given your description. The performance difference is very noticible. The new clutch is much lighter and quieter.

Don't let up, explain your history in great detail. Go to a different service center, if you need to. See the '07 - '09 clutch issues thread in this forum for ideas on how to approach your service center managers. Good luck.

3. G8R CHOMP

G8R CHOMP Member

4. MYTANG

MYTANG Member

I added a Kenne Bell Stage 3 S/C, in November of 2007 so technically I voided my powertrain warranty.

I started having clutch and shifting problems, took the car to my selling dealer and I was told by the technician that if my car did not have the additional power it would not be acting up. They denied the repair.

I got an estimate of about $7000.00 to have the updated clutch, flywheel, new synchros etc. installed.

I talked to a friend who knows a service advisor at another dealer, one phone call & he paved the way for me.

I pulled my service advisor aside & gave him an envelope with a note detailing my complaints, and a copy of the TSB from ford.
    My complaints matched the TSB

In my note was $200.00 and I told him if the car was repaired to my satisfaction I'd give him an additional $500.00

I picked the car up a couple of days later, drove it for a week, it shifts & the clutch works better than ever, I stopped by & gave him another envelope with &500.00 in it. It said here's your tip!