Join Shelby Forums Today

tranporter

Discussion in 'Open Community Forum' started by 1sgt, Jun 11, 2011.

1. 1sgt

1sgt Well-Known Member

After 10 months I had my car picket up buy PASSPOT TRANPORT . Being my first time haveing a car tranported I hoped that I picket the right one . WRONG .They picket the car up and I watched them on the the GPS number they give me. It started out go and then went down hill fast . It was ging to take 8 to 10 days . After the 4th day the drive went home for 4 days next the truck went down at the shop add 3 more days . It took 17 day to get my car to me . When I called it was a run round . So if your looking for a TRANPORTER I would keep away from PASSPORT TRANPORT . Oh the driver was OK

2. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Where did they pick it up, where did they deliver it to? Sometimes life gets in the way (yes, even a driver has family and must take care of them), same goes for maintenance and safety issues. Take a truck with a half a million miles or more and something can and will go wrong. If your car made it there without damage, be happy instead of bitter as life is too short.

Bill S.

3. 1sgt

1sgt Well-Known Member

Your right but being my first time I hoped it would have gone just a little better . I didn't like the run around .

4. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

What does it cost now to have a Car shipped cross cuntry?

5. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Anywhere from $950-$1,800 door to door depending on open or enclosed carrier and exactly where it is coming from and where it is going.

Why, what did you buy now :D

Bill S.

rshelby likes this.
  6. Shelbyneeds

Shelbyneeds Member

In September I had a 911 brought from LA to Madison WI, $1100 open trailer.

The in Oct. from LA to Madison a 2005 F550 cab chassis, 24 feet long, open deck semi, $2200.

No issues, no damage. 911 came on a car hauler, private party and the F550 came on semi I called a broker about arranging. I made sure my insurance coverage was on both before shipping.

7. ceswert

ceswert Member

Recent quote from Direct Express Transport, SF,CA. area to upper NY, enclosed trailer-$1509.00. I have used them before for cross country hauls. Fast and reliable.

8. 1sgt

1sgt Well-Known Member

I used PASSPOT TRANPORT and it cost $2.200 . I WOULDN'T us them . 14 days to get my car from L.V to N.Y . I got the run around . :thumbdown

9. shelby6t5

shelby6t5 Well-Known Member

Need to get yourself a trailer! (and, while I like the stripe job you did on your lil' red SUV, you will need a bigger unit !)

M. (the other LI guy with a "slightly" older 350 than yours)