Join Shelby Forums Today

GT350 vs Super Snake

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by courtersteerer, May 13, 2011.

1. courtersteerer

courtersteerer New Member

525 HP GT350 vs 750 HP Super Snake... Which is the better buy...quicker 0-60 ,1/4 mile... better handler

Thanks

2. Lifter583

Lifter583 Well-Known Member

IMO there is no contest...the Super Snake is always the top of the mountain!

3. 1sgt

1sgt Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but my GT350 is 578 hp and 500 to the wheel . I did add cai and a tune . I think the new GT 350 looks better :whistle::whistle: But my 2nd pick would be a SS .

4. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

This is what Gary Patterson, VP at Shelby American, told me a couple months ago.
    RS

5. 1sgt

1sgt Well-Known Member

Your right but now with the tune you may have to think about it . Shelby did the tune the 1st on the GT 350 .

6. springer

springer Well-Known Member

They are both great cars. If I were to buy one it would be the Super Snake though. I'd have to have something to keep up with my GT/SC!!!!:alarm::wacko::rolleyes:

7. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Just saw this thread and thought i would offer my opinion on the matter. While both are great cars, i would actually go with the GT350 with the optional 625 horse whipple. My reasoning behind this is because that is really all the power that is needed in these mustangs. Once again, both cars are great, but in the 800 horse or even 725 horse Super Snakes, i just dont get the impression that the performance figures increase in proportion to the power output numbers. It really comes down to wanting the big bad boy when buying the high powered Super Snakes, and there is nothing wrong with that. If you want the biggest, baddest, and most powerful car then its the one for you. But, not even on the 625 GT350 will almost any of us ever have the opportunity to, or have the skill to, reach its real potential with 625 horsepower. So, in my humble opinion, niether is really that much capable than the other, its comes down to one's own personal taste.

You can always put more power in a car, but that doesnt mean that power will be put to the ground and more power doesnt always make a car faster. Especially when we are talking about street driving. For alot of drivers, all more power does is make the car harder to drive and, thus, slower then if they had manageable (as if 625hp is "manageable" haha) car.

Once again, just my humble opinion. :)

BUY WHAT YOU LIKE AND YOU WILL NEVER HAVE BUYERS REMORSE!! :dance:

Best regards,
    Vern

8. 007snake

007snake New Member

+1 The gt350 was the car Shelby used to beat all of the exotics @ The Las Vegas Speedway!

9. 66GT350PS

66GT350PS Well-Known Member

If you want all the HP, get a Shelby 1000 that has a completely rebuilt drivetrain pushing 950 to 1100 HP. The GT350 624 HP is a blast to drive, on and off the track. For road course or winding back roads, the GT350 is the one. For wide open super highway speed, if ever available, the GT500 SS would be the one. But the SS blends in with so many of the GT500 Mustangs already out there (over 43,000 produced from 2007 to 2014, where as the GT350 has somewhere less that 400 done from 2011 to 2014. if possible, try to at least get a ride in each car to see how you like the ride, handling, etc. Get what you enjoy. Either case, no regrets!

10. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

As a newbie, you really should watch what threads you resurrect from the archives. I say this only as an FYI as this particular thread had not had a response to it since June 1st, 2011, 03:24 PM
    before you posted on it .

Bill S.

PS: Welcome to the Shelby Forum