Join Shelby Forums Today

Please Help Me Find My 289 AC Cobra

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Richard Earl Pierson Jr., Apr 19, 2011.

1. Richard Earl Pierson Jr.

Richard Earl Pierson Jr. Member

Steering wheel looks correct, no vents, and blue cobra. How many cars were made before 1964? This car had biack leather seats that looked real British. I think that you are getting closer!
    Richard:

2. A-Snake

A-Snake Well-Known Member

Richard,

I'm afraid with the information you remember, I am at a dead end. There were no street 289's between the CSX numbers of 2130 and 2159 that were original black cars. In fact we have to go back to 2103 before there is a black street car. Cars prior to CSX2126 would be worm & sector cars. (Different steering wheel and badges.)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

3. rr64

rr64 Well-Known Member

Have you contacted the AC Owner's Club? They record information not necessarily the same as anyone else.

The Shelby American Automobile Club registries are great information but they are far from covering the complete details. For example: There is no mention of the eleven (11) Cobras, at least two (2) 427 Cobras, one (1) GT350 R-Model, or one (1) GT40 MK1 that were in Huntsville Alabama as new cars or the one (1) GT40 MKII Production Racing Coupe in Decatur Alabama around 1980-83 that I knew about. There is no mention of the man that owned a news stand on the Parkway in Huntsville that had three Cobras at the same time, or the used car dealer with two. I have talked to some of the people that owned some of these cars and like you they have no idea what their chassis numbers were. It wasn't important at the time. I know two of them, CSX2144 and CSX2465, only because both were within a half mile of my house and I tried unsuccessfully to buy them in the early 1970s.

4. Richard Earl Pierson Jr.

Good Evening Dan, Would you please send me the pictures of the steering wheel and emblem of those older black cars. I'm not even sure that mine was street legal! The turn signal placement thru me. I do not remember having any. Don't give up yet. It has to be there some place.
    Thanks again,
    Richard

5. Shawns Fords

Shawns Fords Member

the land of the Free and home of the Brave
    I only know of one person who may know, I sent him the link here to see if he has any idea.

6. Richard Earl Pierson Jr.

Thanks Dan for your help. I hope this last effort might anwser the question.
    Richard:thumbup:

7. Shawns Fords

Shawns Fords Member

Dave Liddle You need to talk to Bill Murray in Longmont, CO. He is one of the top Cobra guys in the USA.

I don't have his contact information but im sure someone on here would.

8. Richard Earl Pierson Jr.

This Contact sounds great! I sold the car in Boulder Colorado in 1965. Please let me know how to contact this lead.
    Richard:thumbsup:

9. Shawns Fords

Shawns Fords Member

I will ask and see about a contact number for you. May take some time.

10. Ranger Jerry

Ranger Jerry Well-Known Member

Richard the Murray Brothers can be contacted at www.ShelbyAmericanCollection.org in Boulder CO. The shop you sold the car to way back when could have been their shop. They have been the go-to people for Cobras in this area for as long as I can remember. I think your getting closer.

11. Fredericksteve

Fredericksteve New Member

12. 56ace

56ace Well-Known Member

Sorry, but that was just a link I had found and I have no others. Just out of curiosity, is the car still in the family?

Jay

13. Fredericksteve

Fredericksteve New Member

No it is not! He had two a narrow body 289 and a 427. They went like hell straight is what he always said!