Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby AC COBRA FAMOUS Early 1963 Shelby AC Cobra 289 Roadster CSX 2120

Discussion in 'Shelby Cobra' started by eBay, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eBay

eBay Shelby Forums Pit Crew

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Asking price seems a bit high on this Cobra. Of course, asking price is asking price and selling price is selling price. Anyone have any thoughts/observations about this car?
    RS

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  3. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Looks to be a nice driver for sure, but there is alot of work to be done to achieve that price. It has alot of features that are only indicative of the later rack and pinion cars and also has many incorrect parts under the hood. Would take some serious cash to get back to being correct. That, combined with the fact that its an early Smiths electronics worm and sector cobra, puts the price high for what it is.

I think its a very nice car though,do not get me wrong. But the price is Way up there if your looking for a correct car. That price is right about the price that car would run if it was a completely correct and sorted example.

Just my thoughts considering that the early cars dont bring the money of the later rack and pinion cars. For me personally though, i have always liked the look of the earliest cobras as that is where it all started. They have their own unique flavor. I really wish the owners of this car had kept from adding the side vents over the course of this car's life as it makes it look like a later car when it is not. And, like i said, even though the later cars are more desirable from a performance stand point, the earlier cars have that simple English sports car look that it all started with which i think is neat.

Best regards,
    Vern

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.