Join Shelby Forums Today

Oil Change Message - 2011 GT500

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by cjspack, Mar 29, 2011.

1. cjspack

cjspack Member

The message center on my 2010 GT500 is telling me it's time to change oil. There is less than 2000 miles since the last change (there is currently 6K on the clock). The car has been in storage all winter (5 months) and the message appeared the first time I had her out this spring. Does anybody know what triggers the message? Is it based on time, oil condition, or what?

2. bigb427

bigb427 Active Member

Re: Oil Change Message

The oil change interval is calculated on mileage, hours running, and number of days since last oil change.

When reset to 100% oil life, the interval is 7500 miles or 180 days.

3. cjspack

cjspack Member

Re: Oil Change Message

Thanks for the info bigb!

4. monicarussell

monicarussell New Member

Let me share you this. In connection with oil changing, most experts now saw that the old 3,000 mile rule for oil changes is over-kill. However, none will reason that typical oil changes are still of the most important ways to keep your vehicle running for as long as possible. On the other hand, several people think they have to take it to a professional when in reality, it's a fairly simple job, and could be done a lot more inexpensively at home. Check this out: Changing oil is not rocket science. That will supplement you sufficient information about oil changing.

Now, what is the bottomline here? Your dollars for the oil and filter will be saved. Another way of not expending too much! Isn't that awesome?