Join Shelby Forums Today

Upcoming book alert, SHELBY Authorized biography

Discussion in 'Shelby Collectibles: Books, Model Cars, Posters & ' started by bitzman, Mar 13, 2011.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Can you start a new thread specifically about that book to get reader's reactions?

I haven't heard of it though I have seen the byline. Does it have some new not-seen-before pictures of the Shelbys? Or lots of tiny factoids rarely discussed--for instance the Boss 302 Shelby one-off etc.? Is the author the main editor of the Shelby register?

I will check my local Barnes & Noble to see if it is in the store, but I was unaware they discounted on the website --in the store I rarely see anything discounted but got no place to go now that Borders is shuttered.

2. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Urging fans to buy the book, tho I am not done reading it

It is a big big book,maybe close to 3" thick, hardbound I've got ten hours into reading it and I am not done yet, only 75% through it. I can see that Rinsey Mills had many hours of access to Shelby as well as his former secretaries, ex-wives, etc. Only found one or two tiny mistakes. Not as many pictures as I hoped, but I don't think any other writer has come close to getting the whole story of the racing (Shelby as driver and Shelby as team manager and owner). I think Amazon.com has a big discount at $23.20 so if you are contemplating some reading time coming up this summer this is a book that will tell you about Shelby racing, I can already recommend it. When I write the book review, I will post here where it'll be.