Join Shelby Forums Today

2002 Ford F-150 Ignition Coil

Discussion in 'Open Community Forum' started by lorenzalizares, Feb 10, 2011.

1. lorenzalizares

lorenzalizares Banned

hi, i have this friend of mine who needs to replace the ignition coils of his 2002 ford f-150. I want to help him but i dont know how. I know someone here can help. pm me for the procedures on how. many thanks..

2. bigb427

bigb427 Active Member

I'm not sure why you want to replace all the coils as they are fairly expensive to replace them all.
    It is a pretty straight forward job to remove the coils. The are held in with one 7mm bolt, and you need to disconnect the wiring connector. That is it, except for removing a few things that are in the way.
    As far as tips or tricks, using a 1/4" drive ratchet with a long extension and a swivel socket or a u-joint & socket will make things easier, especially on #7 cyl (under the fuel pressure regulator). The boots sometimes stick to the spark plug when trying to remove the coils, so a needle nose pliers will help if this happens.

3. jansengeorge

jansengeorge New Member

check this one.2002 Ford F-150 Ignition Coil but im not so sure if you are really changing the coils. It is expensive really. But its up to you.