Join Shelby Forums Today

wolfgang peterson, which of these two is reality?

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by bitzman, Jan 31, 2011.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

On a site called Simply Brad
    way back in 2009 they said that Brad Pitt (along with Al Pacino & Penélope Cruz) is gonna film a remake of the old Steve McQueen movie “Le Mans” (1971). Wolfgang Petersen will direct. Since it is now three years later, I wonder what happened to that film or if they never even got around to shooting. I think it was all going to be shot in Portugal, maybe disguising the track each time to look like different tracks.

It sounded like a remake of the McQueen movie. but in January 2011, I read in the trade press that Petersen and Ron Shelton are working on a 10-hour series for Starz (a cable channel) that focuses on Carroll Shelby.

The Petersen/Shelton series is a take on Tim Considine book Twice Around the Clock: The Yanks at Le Mans.

By the way I can't find a book wtih this title on Amazon.com so maybe it's not been published yet. And for you ex-Mickey Mouse Clubbers, Considine was either Spin or Marty back in the day but has since become a notable car racing historian...