Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby for sale on eBay

Discussion in 'Open Community Forum' started by Jimmy, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy Active Member

Is there a thread on this 67/68 Shelby for sale on eBay, listing # 290524886817 ??

The auction is set to end in 16 hours and I was curious if anyone has looked at the car and/or determined its authenticity. The ad and Q&A section is too evasive for me and I personally think this is an old clone being passed off as a potentially real car.

Anyone ?

Thank,
    Jim

2. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

The car is not a Shelby.

The seller only clams the car has no numbers and a bad photocopy of a title. You can't put the two together.

The car is a 1968, not a 67. It is definetly not a 68 Shelby either.

Complete fabrication

3. Jimmy

Jimmy Active Member

Thanks Coralsnake.

I really wish eBay still showed the bidders true identity so they could be warned. I suspected this was a fraud based on this guys evasive answers.

To call his bluff, I offered him his choice of the trade he is requesting but only with verification of the authenticity of the car. His answer was that he is working on a paper title within the next 30 to 60 days.

Sure buddy and I have a famous bridge for sale in SF.

4. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

Even if he has a title, it means nothing. He freely admits the car has no numbers on it. How can you identify the chassis without any numbers? You can not. How can you connect the two? You can not. The title could belong to any car. You can't take a junk 68 and will it to be a 67 Shelby. Is all he has accomplished is cast a shadow on this serial number.

You are not going to find a deal on eBay.

This guy is a scam artist. You would be buying a few used parts in poor condition, that's it.