Join Shelby Forums Today

An open apology to all shelbyforum members

Discussion in 'Open Community Forum' started by mrmustang, Jan 18, 2011.

1. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

I want to openly apologize if I offended anyone here on shelbyforum.com with my post(s) on this thread.

http://www.shelbyforums.com/forums/shelby-cobra/13008-csx3303-buyer-beware.html

It was never my intention to stir the pot or create conflict, all I wanted was to confirm what was being stated when I asked for documentation. Again I want to openly apologize to all shelbyforum members.

Sincerely,

Bill S.

2. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Accepting this apology would imply that i am somehow acknowleging that you did something wrong....so i think i speak for most of this community when i say apology not accepted :guns:

Seriously, you didnt do anything wrong, thanks for contibuting positively to the site all these years.

Best,
    Vern

3. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

I am with Vern on this one Bill, I had to read it several times and STILL have yet to see where you were out of line. You asked a very simple request that FIA should have been very easily to fulfill IF he had the Documentations that he said he had.

4. mrmustang

Some view a post like mine above as a sign of weakness, personally I view it as a sign of common sense. I am not a avid poster on this particular forum (although I lurk more than frequently), but I make up for that in knowledge and the will to share without expecting anything in return, as I hope that most people within our hobby (or business) are. In the case of CSX3303, there have been some statements thrown around the web by one or two people that have joined together to smear the history and twist it in such a way as to muddy the waters (so to speak), why is anyone's guess, but my personal opinion on it is greed and nothing else. Again, if I'm wrong, then all I ask for is documentation, for while I've been around these cars for 30+ years, I'm always willing to learn something new, as I feel most are within this hobby (or business).

Yours In Fords (among others),

Bill S.

5. shelbyfan73

shelbyfan73 Active Member

Hello Bill,

I, like you, am not so much an avid poster as a lurker. :D I did read through the thread and I must agree with the others as well. Nothing was done wrong on your part. When doing a search of FIA's other threads, of which I believe there was only four, they were all the same. Hostility was the grand theme and any questions posed were ridiculed and the poster slammed for no reason. Personally I am quite happy to see that a moderator stepped in and banned the aggressor. Mustangs and all the Shelby vehicles are a beautiful thing of which most of us have a deep love and passion about. When ugliness such as FIA's enters, it makes it extremely hard to convince others of how great they are.

Bottom line in my opinion, after much rambling, is that you have no need to apologize and the forum world is a much better place with one more banned agressor kicked to the curb.

Have a great day.

6. Brian K. Green

Brian K. Green Well-Known Member

I don't think that you were out of line either.........it is funny though how the original post is now removed. Some "higher up" at SAAC must have pitched a bitch about getting the whistle blown on them. I also have documentation on a very well known history significant car that they are misleading the club on. I'm sure there are many.

7. A-Snake

A-Snake Well-Known Member

I think that is a pretty bold statement on your part. I'd like to know what "whistle" was blown? I think the Cobra Registrar was very open to hearing any new documented evidence. Read his post after the original thread was removed. http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=11467.0 It is reply #14

And if you have 'documentation' on the history of a vehicle, have you provided it to the appropriate SAAC Registrar?

8. vernonestes

If anything should have been learned on the SAACforum thread, its that Ned Scudder made every attempt to politely get documentation, or even just a sliver of proof, from the member who was making his claims. The poster did nothing but dodge his questions and stir the pot and never provided any documentation. He was given every chance to.

Ned was completely open to being challenged, but the poster never provided anything but extraordinary claims with not even mediocre proof. Anybody who saw the thread knows that. The reason the thread was taken down was because it was turning into nothing but a list of personal attacks, which isnt beneficial to everyone. The original poster is still a member on SAACforum and has been welcomed to post his proof and substantiate his claims whenever he pleases....id say thats about as fair as it gets.

If you have proof of a significant car which conflicts with the records of the club, then you may want to contact the appropriate registrar and present said proof instead of sitting at a computer and telling all of us about it, just a thought. Telling people you have the proof does nothing, going to SAAC and telling them could change history.

Whistle blowing and crying wolf are two different things.

Best,
    Vern

9. vernonestes

BTW, the reason that the original thread was removed on this forum was because another moderator didn't want the personal attacks to be displayed, since thats all that was displayed in that thread. There was no whistle blowing.

Best,
    Vern

10. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

I read all of the posts on both forums and would like to clarify a few misconceptions. The person posting information about the history of the Cobras never provided any evidence of his claims. He was asked several times, in light of the fact that the comments impuned several people and changed what is known about these cars.

It has been my experience with the Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC) that they are very open to new information. The club would not have survived for 36 years if the accusations made against it were true. SAAC simply records the information known by it's members and specific research done by the club. They do not authenticate individual cars.

This poster tried to question that material and change the record. I assume that was for some type of financial long term gain or an attempt to authenticate something he has (or his "friend" has). When questioned repeatedly, he would not provide any proof of his claims. He was given the opportunity to share these things in private and on the forums.

It was apparent in some of his posts that he resented the Shelby Club's recorded information, because it did not fit his agenda.

I recently uncovered some interesting information regarding a 1968 Shelby "show car" and presented it to the Club. The recorded history of the car is in the process of being re-written. It will undoubtedly make this car very sought after. This is not the only example of this happening. In the past, I uncovered information about the 1968 Hertz convertible prototype car. That history was also revised and one owner became the very happy owner of the "lost history". It probably increased the value of his car significantly in my opinion.

In summary, remember one thing...extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If you don't have the evidence, you just have a story.

11. A-Snake

A-Snake Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the difference between a fairy tale and an old car story.

A fairy tale begins..."Once upon a time..."

An old car story begins..."Once upon a time, no sh*t..."

12. mrmustang

Thanks guy, makes me feel somewhat better knowing that I was just the scapegoat in this case.

Bill S.

13. Brian K. Green

Wow, I took it as a "whistle blowing", which was due if in fact it was all true. Sorry if some people got their feelings hurt. Don't worry my documetation will stay in the "vault".

14. vernonestes

But thats what we keep saying, Brian. Everyone gave the guy the opportunity to prove his claims, he refused to. What else do you want SAAC/Ned to do. If the claims are true, then there would be no reason to withhold the proof he said he had.

So your "proof" of something will stay locked away? But you complain that SAAC is misleading on the history of a car? Makes a lot of sense. If you dont reveal your documentation, then you cant have the luxury of insinuating the club is shady by ignoring documentation. If you dont bring it forward, they cant acknowledge it. So just bring the documentation forward. If you dont, its not the club that is being misleading about the history of a car when you havent come forward with documentation. Its your responsibility if you want history to be written the right way like you seem to imply.

Just my 2 cents

Best,
    Vern

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  15. Brian K. Green

Just disregard my post then.......delete it if you want. Geez! Lighten up people.

16. vernonestes

Im not trying to get on you Brian, im curious about what you have. Were you joking about having something? Honestly, if you have something, please come forward with it, im interested for sure!

Best,
    Vern

17. mrmustang

X2, if you have information/documentation regarding a Shelby or Cobra, why not share it for all to see. :thumbup:

Bill S.

PS: If you have had a bad experience with some people from SAAC in the past, please do not place that disdain on all of us associated with SAAC as we are all distinct individuals in search of the same thing, knowledge.

18. 557

557 Well-Known Member

"aint no fascist groove thang"(in my measured opinion)....i.e. thou dost"sweat the details too much"late.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::doh::doh:

19. mrmustang

I'm still waiting to see "Brian's" proof :whistle:

20. 557

557 Well-Known Member

Heard that,,,,,,however reality can be a suprisingly elusive thing.....:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: