Join Shelby Forums Today

FOR SALE: NOS 1967-69 Shelby Cobra Pilsner Beer Glasses

Discussion in 'Shelby Collectibles: Books, Model Cars, Posters & ' started by vernonestes, Dec 15, 2010.

1. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Holiday break means it is time for me to sell a bit of my collection to gear up for another year of compiling more "junk" into my man cave. With that in mind, I have decided to part with a set of 4 Shelby Cobra Pilsner glasses.

I bought 2 sets of these from the son of a Shelby salesman in Washington who won these in a sales competition. These glasses have been in display cases all their lives and it shows. They went into the display case of the Washington salesman when new, then were moved to his son's house to another display case when the father passed, and this year I acquired the set from the son and they have been tucked away with me for the last year.

Like I said, i acquired 8 of these from the son, however, I only wish to have 4 of them as they were only ever sold in sets of 4 and I would rather have extra capital for collecting more Shelby American related items.

These are what I would classify as true NOS items. Although they no longer have their original box, they look as I would expect them to look the day they were made. No flaws scratches nicks marks yadda yadda yadda etc. The son told me they have never even been drank out of nor have they ever been washed but salesman talk like that has never really gotten me so take it for what it is, but their condition certainly leads one to believe that is completely reasonable.

The glasses have black cobra logos and one side and 14K Gold on the other (these were made back when accessories from automakers were of a much higher standard then they seem to be now). The pictures were shot in low res so that I would not have trouble attaching them to this post and do a so-so job of showing the quality of the glasses, they are MUCH more impressive in person. These are rarely seen for sale, especially in a full set, and would serve as a great centerpiece to any collection.

Price: $1,000 (Shipped and insured to your doorstep in the 48)

Trades: Since the only reason I am selling stuff is to get mooore stuff, I would be open to trade discussions for whatever it is that you may have that is Shelby American related. Only original items, though, from 1962-70 please. I have a thread in the "Wanted to Buy" section that list the types of things that I am looking for.

Please contact me via email vernon(underscore)estes(at)yahoo(dot)com or by personal message or by phone at (913) ***_****.

Happy Holidays to everyone...these would be a pretty sweet Christmas gift, whether for another or for yourself Wink

Best regards,
    Vern

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
  2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Cool glasses Vern. Good luck with your sale/trade.:thumbup: