Join Shelby Forums Today

Slightly used ford racing mufflers m-5230-svt1 (will fit 07-09) for sale!!!

Discussion in 'Dealer & Vendor Forum' started by Jack @ MMP, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Jack @ MMP

Jack @ MMP Member

Customer traded in his 2009 Ford Mustang GT500 for a 2011. These had less than 600 miles on them. Asking price $400 which is almost 50% off retail. These are available at our Canoga Park, CA location for local customers who would like to pick them up.

These will fit the following applications:

2007-2009 Mustang GT500
    2005-2009 Mustang GT

[​IMG]

Here is a link to them also on the Ford Racing site:

http://fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9950

2. gt500flyboy

gt500flyboy New Member

fyi all - I bought these from Jack and had them shipped to Virginia. No mention was made of the ends which are crimped to nearly impossible to install. There clearly was an effort at his shop to install and gave up. Just keep in mind for the next special!

Attached Files:

3. gt500flyboy

gt500flyboy New Member

I should also point out a couple other things about this experience...

I had simply inquired thru a PM if these were available - he asked for my zip code and email. I then promptly received a PayPal request for payment and I hadn't even agreed to take them. I asked for pics - which he sent, but there was never a mention about how the ends were botched. I sent the PayPal payment, he then waited a week before shipping to be sure the transaction cleared.

Lesson learned. Buyer beware.

4. Jack @ MMP

Jack @ MMP Member

John....since you are making this public we will respond this way as well.

We didn’t install them on the customer’s vehicle. We never tried to install them on anyone else’s vehicle either. We removed them from the customers vehicle only when he put it back to stock. The delay on shipping had nothing to do with us either. It was the Thanksgiving holiday. We have installed many of them brand new and they are always tight to fit. There was no issue removing them from the vehicle either. We also packed them very well as stated in our email so no damage would occur during shipment. I am going to assume they are installed now correct?

Also your first pm was you ordering them which is posted below. Makes it alot easier instead of having more emails going back and forth.

Re: SVT1 mufflers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jack @ MMP
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gt500flyboy
    Still available? I'd be interested if you want to pack up to send to VA....

What is your zip code and email address?

jhe12345@verizon.net

5. Jack @ MMP

Jack @ MMP Member

Also if you look at the picture on the Ford Racing site if you look closely at the picture the ends you are referring to look almost identical to the picture you posted above.

[​IMG]

6. gt500flyboy

gt500flyboy New Member

Jack, stop. Have a little dignity.

7. Jack @ MMP

Jack @ MMP Member

Just wanted to post our side of the story since you decided to go public with this. I don't think we misrepresented the item at all. If the ends were a little tight to get on any muffler shop could swedge them open.