Join Shelby Forums Today

Series 1 Headlight Replacement

Discussion in 'Shelby Limited Editions' started by CSX4350, Sep 21, 2010.

1. CSX4350

CSX4350 New Member

Among the others I own CSX5278, a red with silver stripes factory supercharged Series 1. I've had some issues with the car, like having had to replace the clutch & tires, the clutch was loads of fun figuring out as we went along....

What I need to address now is the headlights, to be nice they suck. I would like to replace them with either H4's or HID's, but first I need to figure out how to remove the old ones so I can work on the solution. Anybody replaced their headlights who could give me some pointers on how to do it?

TIA

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

That's quite a list of cars you own. Must be fun. I wish I could help you with the Series 1 but I don't own one. They are great looking and a blast to drive but I imagine it could be a bit difficult when dealing with the unique parts. I hope somebody can point you in the right direction.
    Randall

3. OTTOMAN

OTTOMAN New Member

You need to get a new one complete, they are sealed bulbs.

Just yesterday I had the same Idea, if you noticed the series II same car different lights.

4. DSR31

DSR31 Member

Hi, I couldn't agree with you more, the original S1 headlights are junk and are simple and inadequate. I changed mine with HID type lights and had good results. If you have found another solution great, otherwise I will have to dig into this as I changed them 3-4 years ago. I'd be happy to check it out if your still looking for a solution. let me know.

5. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

You do realize by now you responded to a post that is over 2 years old, right? :rolleyes:

Bill S.

6. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

Bill,

That's the beauty of forums. A thread can stay open for an extended period of time and continue to get feedback. You are more familiar than most with how these websites work so I am sure you can appreciate that aspect of the internet. I couldn't tell you how many times (many) I have referenced a thread and learned something significant even when the thread was years old. I suggest you encourage more communication, not less. :thumbup:

All the best,

Randall

7. mrmustang

mrmustang Well-Known Member

Randall,

Indeed, the beauty is that the posts are archived forever, yet for someone to revive an ancient post (forum age wise that is), instead of creating a new post hopefully with fresh ideas or a new slant on the problem or issues, can at times bring back misinformation and poor ideas.

Been around since the uunet days, so my views vary from those that are fairly fresh to he internet :laf:

Bill S.