Join Shelby Forums Today

How to post a classified ad!

Discussion in 'General Website Info & Help' started by rshelby, Oct 6, 2004.

1. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

ShelbyForums.com's Classified Ads are FREE for "non-commercial" members of Shelby Forums. In the Classifieds section you can post items "For Sale" as well as "Wanted" items. Here's a step by step guide about how to post a classified ad in ShelbyForums.com's Classifieds section.

To begin with, click on the Classifieds button at the top. It is at the top of every page towards the right. It will connect you to the Classifieds section. Once there, make sure you are logged in because only members can post ads. Also, you must have at least one post in our forums before you can place a Classified ad.

Once you are logged in, you will see a Classifieds menu line with the following menu across the top…

My Ads · My Watch List · Home · Search · Profile · Place An Ad

If you do not see these choices, you are not logged in. Click the “Place An Ad” link in the upper right. Then you will proceed through a series of steps where you choose the type of ad, the appropriate category (Autos, Parts, Services, etc.), and give a description; as well as upload photos.

Step 1: select the type of ad from the drop-down menu...

Step 2: select the appropriate category for your ad...

Step 3: complete the form with your description, price, keywords, etc. and upload any photos...

Once you have completed all the information in Step 3, click "Submit." You have now created a classified ad!

However, all ads go through an approval process before they are posted so there will be a short delay before the ad is available to the public.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  2. danjr19

danjr19 New Member

When I go to the classified section I get a bar with the options, My Ads and My Watchlist on the right and Home, Search, Member List, and Profile on the right. But no post ad option. What am I doing wrong?

3. rshelby

Check again. We require at least one post before you can place a Classified ad.
    Thanks,
    Randall
    Shelby Forums Admin

4. lee11021944

lee11021944 Member

Re: ShelbyForums.com Member/User Ranks - Post Counts

Let me try this too. I've sent messages to you about not able to get an ad in the classifieds. Tried twice, but still waiting for help!!!

5. roddster

roddster Well-Known Member

How about a requirement that one includes the Shelby VIN number in any ads involving a Shelby automobile?

6. lee11021944

lee11021944 Member

Roddster- still nothing. Posted ad again and still nothing. Nothing has been posted since mid Nov in the auto section. No generic responses; please address problems; I may not be the only frustrated one here.

7. rshelby

Sounds like a good idea Roddster. Lee, your ad has been approved. Sorry for the delay.
    Randall

8. sdully88

sdully88 Member

I am also waiting for my ad to be posted. I have placed it 3 or 4 times the last day and a half but still nothing. Am I doing something wrong? It says it was successfully uploade but I havnt received a confirmation e-mail

9. rshelby

All ads go through an approval process before they are posted so there will be a short delay before the ad is available to the public. As short as a few minutes and as long as 48 hours.

Your ad was approved earlier today. Best of luck with your sale.
    Randall