Join Shelby Forums Today

Dash plaque - Shelby GTH

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by GIZMO7, Aug 25, 2010.

1. GIZMO7

GIZMO7 Member

Heres hoping someone can help me....I have two 2007 shelby gt-h and wanted to know if there is a replacement plaque for the dash sticker from shelby with the serial numbers that is between the two air conditioner vents. I remember seeing somewhere that it can be made??

Thanks....Lou

Attached Files:

2. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

Re: Dash plaque

You need to call shelbyautomobiles. these have already been made up for every car, they are simply waiting for owners to claim them

Best,
    Vern

3. CND_Shelby

CND_Shelby New Member

I ordered my dash plaque for my 2010 Sept 2 and just received it today Oct 22. I was not impressed, it looks nice but feels kind of cheap. It mounts over top of the Microsoft Sync badge in front of the shifter boot and under the heater controls and attaches with 3M tape. It almost looks like Shelby put the plaque on the mounting rubber upside down based on the notch in the back of the mounting rubber. I installed it and it looks good, but I think they could have made it a little better quality for the price. $189.99 shipped I am attaching a pic let me know what you think.

I cleaned the area with a mild silicone wax and grease remover, be careful though it started to take the finish off. Perhaps something milder will work better. I then dried the area and attached the plaque as it shows in the pic on the Shelby Website. Last and clear image is from the Shelby site the rest are my pic's in bad light from my blackberry. I hope this info helps...[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

4. JeffIsHereToo

JeffIsHereToo Member

This is not the same plaque as the 07-09 cars.

OP: You will be very happy with the updated plaque but you might consider leaving the old ones or or at least getting them of in a good condition...it's cool to have the ones that were on the car when it was a rental.

5. 08KR731

08KR731 New Member

Vern, Do you have any contact information or web address for shelby automobiles? There are many options on the web. Also do any of you know how to get replacement Hertz fender badges? I think these may be very difficult to find. Thanks, Jason

6. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member