Join Shelby Forums Today

Old barn find Cobra at Pebble

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by bitzman, Aug 18, 2010.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

There was a barn find Cobra at Pebble, a CSX2000 series, that was measurably dirtier than any of Lynn Park's dirtbag Cobras and looked like it had been painted with a paintbrush. It was dark turquoise. The owner, I think his last name was Armstrong, showed a picture of how it looked in the barn where it had been stored for something over 30 years. He said it would be at the SAAC convention. It is a good thing Pebble has an unrestored category or we would never see these cars as they are found. I am still waiting for them to put up a barn to view them in.

2. patty.dilabio

patty.dilabio Well-Known Member

Thanks for the news,
    It would be great to see some pictures or a picture if you were able to take any.Most of the 289 cars are known.....it is totally cool to find out there are still barn finds.The last one I followed up turned out to be a Devin! at least it was a nice day for a drive,and the kid that told me it HAD to be a Cobra did give good directions on how to find it.
    Regards P.D.

3. vernonestes

vernonestes Well-Known Member

I saw posts of what i assum is the car you are discussing at the vintage races at ClubCobra.com...the car is 2289 and the pics are in the "originality section" of the website.

Best,
    Vern

4. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Didn't have time to look at my negatives yet (yes, old fashioned negatives!)
    but will have another chance to shoot pics at the SAAC 35. Is there an address of the administrator I can send the pictures to in order for them to be posted. I am a little behind the technology curve. The guy who was taking some pics for me had a new Sony camera that could take 5000 pictures but I don't know if he shot the Cobra, as at Pebble Beach it is a real zoo to try to shoot pictures (14,000 spectators!)

Go look at any car you suspect has a "race car frame" because recently a
    Ferrari expert found a Ferrari on Ebay with some sort of plastic replica body and a Chevy engine. Once he mates it to an original V12 and a new aluminum body and a Ferrari trans he will have a million dollar car. He paid under $100,000 for it.

5. 557

557 Well-Known Member

looked at the club cobra site but couldnt find the originality section...please enlighten me....Trent

6. vernonestes

7. 557

557 Well-Known Member

Thanks vern that is WAY beyond cool!!!!Trent

8. patty.dilabio

patty.dilabio Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Thanks a ton Vern!! The link is great and now you are 100% responsible for giving me Monterey fever.There are few places in the world that display cars of such signifigance and I still call Monterey "Car Heaven"
    Again Thanks for the link.
    Regards P.D.:thumbup:

9. vernonestes

Pretty sweet car eh? Especially the chassis number....2"289" :doh:B)

Pretty cool :thumbup:
    Vern

10. Brian K. Green

Brian K. Green Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see this car at the SAAC convention. :thumbup: