Join Shelby Forums Today

I guess AMy Boylan leaving Shelby is history...

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by bitzman, Jul 30, 2010.

1. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

Only took me three months after the fact to hear this news about Amy Boylan leaving Shelby. Now i want to know, did she jump ship or was she pushed?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

ShareretweetEmailPrintPress Release Source: West Coast Customs On Thursday May 20, 2010, 1:56 pm EDT
    LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - 05/20/10) - West Coast Customs CEO Ryan Friedlinghaus has named Amy Boylan president of the world acclaimed international custom car builder and automotive powerhouse. As of May 17, 2010, Ms. Boylan became responsible for daily operations, marketing, sponsorships and corporate programs for the company based from the West Coast Customs' state-of-the-art facility in Southern California.

"Amy fit right in with my crew because she's a car enthusiast like us," said Friedlinghaus. "And like us, she believes that you need to balance creative, irreverent ideas with smart business practices. We believe that Amy, who has tremendous experience helping companies build their brands, can help propel West Coast Customs to the next level of success."

Since it was founded in 1993, West Coast Customs has been designing and building some of the most amazing vehicles in the world. The company offers extraordinary designs with an impressive array of services ranging from fabrication, paint, interiors, electronics and performance upgrades. Like a custom tailored suit, the vehicles are favored by serious enthusiasts, celebrities, entrepreneurs and corporate titans for their collections worldwide.

In addition to its car building operations, West Coast Customs has a full line of die-cast cars, apparel and other merchandise. The company also has its own television show on TLC called "Street Customs" and another on Discovery HD Theater that is highly popular among 18-34 year olds. Filming of the next season will begin on June 14 with a series of episodes that promise to be the most exciting yet in the show's run.

"My relationship with West Coast Customs began over a decade ago when I helped create a series of die-casts for Ryan while I was senior vice president at Mattel," stated Boylan. "We've stayed in touch and even worked on a one-off custom specialty Mustang together a couple of years ago. I look forward to working closely with Ryan and his talented team and helping build this great brand around the globe."

Based in Southern California, West Coast Customs has become an international phenomenon. The success of the initial show on TLC spawned a second program that will air on Discovery HD Theater. In addition, West Coast Customs has attracted a large corporate and entertainment clientele that tap the builder to create specialty vehicles and consult on connecting with hip, young adults through pop culture marketing. The company's apparel and merchandise are among the most popular in the automotive sector.

2. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

I wondered the same thing.

3. jamest52

jamest52 Active Member

I wasn't too impressed with her appearance at B-J Orange County, selling off the Series 1 that Carroll gave to her. That alone leads me to believe it might not have been a happy parting of ways. She did a lot to bring SAI into the 21st century, and I wish her continued success at WCC.

4. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see her new body piercings and tattoos....

:thumbup:

5. shlby66

shlby66 Well-Known Member

I believe, Amy was thrown under the bus, and joins a who's who list, that
    includes: Lew Spencer, Pete Brock ( twice ) and Herlita Natavidad.

Most people are unaware that Amy's forte is International Licensing and
    Trademark Agreements. Since she cleaned up Shelby's Licensing and
    Management Departments ( have to keep the lawyers busy ) she became
    expendable.

It made no difference, that she pulled Shelby Automobiles back from going
    down the toilet and forged a sweetheart deal from Ford that brought new
    life to Shelby Automobiles. Thats the way it works at SA.

Amy, like those before her, have landed on their feet. Tip of the hat to you
    Amy, Good Luck in the Future!:thumbup:

6. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

and I am sure it's not a coincidence Shelby is "cutting back" on building cars for now.

:whistle:

7. bitzman

bitzman Well-Known Member

In terms of history, like to hear more about what Amy wrought...

It certainly was, looking back at what happened from the viewpoint of history, a historic deal that Boylan brought Shelby into the Ford fold again. I think the success of the new Shelbys helped Ford's bottom line giving them a premium car to sell. They have a lot of other models that are dogs (Edge, etc.) so having a car they can sell at full list price is good, and they can build it at a lot less than Chevy pays to make Corvettes.

I hope someday she gives an interview to tell whether she opposed the bringing back of the GT/CS and Hertz models for fear they would dilute the Shelbys or whether she opposed or approved of all the modified cars that Shelby sells out of Las Vegas or their dealers. On the other hand maybe those post-title mods are very profitable...

The person that took her job was Shelby's lawyer licensing agent, John Luft, so we will have to see how much of a car guy he is...

Here's an interview that was in Mustang Monthly
    http://mustangmonthly.automotive.com/138741/mump-