Join Shelby Forums Today

Should Ford/Shelby recall the 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 clutch/flywheel assembly?

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by DS1516pb, Jun 25, 2010.

1. DS1516pb

DS1516pb Banned

Everyone who owns those years is having or going to have the problem if not already why not just recall and get it over with. Is it because they don't have to care about the customer anymore because Toyota? I don't know.

2. springer

springer Well-Known Member

Aren't recalls based on safety issues?

3. DS1516pb

DS1516pb Banned

Yes and in city driving not being able to properly get your vehicle into and out of gear easily can result in collision So it is not just about poor performance and warranty issues.

4. springer

Sounds like you could be headed in the right direction with that response. Not being able to shift properly due to a malfunction with the clutch or transmission could definitively lead to a safety issue.

5. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

They are already fixing that problem under Warranty so why do a Recall ? The big problem is that a LOT of people are not putting the Miles on the car for the problem to show up in time.

6. springer

They aren't fixing them for everyone. And many have had to fight with their dealers to have the clutch repaired.

7. bigbudd

bigbudd Member

hope you are wrong about that. i am taking mine to the dealership on monday.

8. DS1516pb

DS1516pb Banned

If you don't mind please let us know the outcome of your experience. I have yet to have mine repaired and am currently driving it with the clutch/flywheel issue. I almost got rear ended in traffic the other day. I almost dread driving the car however my local dealer claims "nothing unusual" about the hard shifts because they say it shifts hard for "aggressive driving" and that the drive train chatter is "normal" also they claim the hissing when you let the clutch in and out and hold the clutch in is "normal". They also say the couldn't replicate the car shaking and shimmy when letting the clutch out at times.

So all and all they claim they "can not" replicate the TSB.

Bullshit.

And please let us know who your dealer is. Mine is Midway Ford in Hurricane West Virginia the licensed SVT cobra dealer for this area.

I think I need a bigger and better dealer OR Ford/Shelby needs to issue the recall because this is a desecration of the spirit of the Shelby Mustang not too!!!

Dan

9. bigbudd

bigbudd Member

just called will post as soon as they call back about the tsb. is the tsb posted online?

10. bigbudd

bigbudd Member

they just called back and told me to bring it in on monday. there is a bunch of tsb's for my year. the only one about the clutch is that there is some clutch drag {slipping?}. will post on monday after they look at it. all i have is some throw out bearing noise that i don't think is normal even for a twin disc clutch. other than that the clutch works great on the street or track.