Join Shelby Forums Today

2007-2009 Shelby GT500 Clutch TSB - Please List Your Dealer

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by DS1516pb, May 21, 2010.

1. mwjones56

mwjones56 Member

That sounds like a great dealer.My problem I live in Oklahoma.I bought my 07 iat Joe Coopper ford in Oklahoma City.I am not to pleased with them.My question is how do you get them to do the TSB work.Be honest with you I do not know much about it.

2. spyderbw

spyderbw Member

MW Jones, Call Ford corporate to find out if you have an authorized SVT dealer near you, your chances with a regular ford dealer are slim and none.
    All GT500's built from 2007-2009 had faulty transmission input shafts, some with synchro problems, causing failure to disengage the throwout bearing, to release the pressure plates from the twin disc cluches against the cast iron flywheel causing premature wear. The mickey mouse hissing and rattles are normal for this Ford clutch. the replacement is a single disc 11 inch unit with heavy duty pressure plate and redesigned hydrolics to match. All new items are standard 2010-2011, design and hopefully better.
    Seek out only a certified SVT service dealer, you might also call SVT at Ford for help on this. In So Cal, we're lucky to have 2 SVT dealers in the San Fernando valley! These high dollar cars sure are mickey mouse in their execution.....

3. mwjones56

mwjones56 Member

I will check it out.I have already installed a Mcleod RXT clutch at my expense.I am very happy with it.But I will call SVT and complain.

4. Blackcobra2007

Blackcobra2007 Member

Your Extended Warrenty doesn't cover the clutch. I have the 5 year/ 100,000 mile on. I am on my 3 clutch. Got 18,000 on the first, the new 2010 Ford Sachs clutch got 9,000 miles. I bought a Spec 2 stage + now. It cost me $1500 installed. Now I have my pedal pressure back. If you do any daily driving, watch out on the stop and go driving. The Ford clutchs don't like it. Have fun with your new ride.

5. Blackcobra2007

Blackcobra2007 Member

Yes I am on my 3 clutch. 18,000 0n the factory one, 9,000 on the 2010 Sachs one. It was 3 weeks out of warranty, so I installed a Spec stage 2+ unit. Better for daily driving, have pedal pressure back. Put a aluminum flywheel on also. No more 2 dish unit for me. The Sachs unit was a piece of garbage. I have no other problems with the car.

6. BlueVert

BlueVert New Member

Great advice. I just picked up my '07 GT500 at Galpin after having clutch TSB #3 done (Galpin did clutch/tranny TSB #1 when my car was less than a year old, never had #2 done.). When I called and described the clutch chatter issue I was still having , Leonard told me #3 was the charm and that I'd be happy with it. "The clutch will be as it should have been the day it left the factory" in his words. He asked when I wanted to bring it in, no hassles at all. My car has about 6,200 miles and is still under the 5 year powertrain warranty.

Leonard was right-the new clutch is the ticket. The pedal feel is light, smooth and more linear than before. You can release the pedal at not much more than idle RPM, and there's no chatter whatsoever.

I highly recommend Galpin. Call Leonard Arsanos, Asst Service Manager, at 818-787-3800 x2130. He asked me to spread the word that they welcome doing this TSB and he'll take care of you.