Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby dakota parts needed

Discussion in 'Shelby Dodge' started by moparrush, May 12, 2010.

1. moparrush

moparrush New Member

I just picked up a white Shelby Dakota #1169 that is hurting and needs so parts to help out with a resto. I am in need of wheel center caps, rear bumper with CS logo, steering wheel, a mint front seat or Shelby material to redo the one that is in it, front air dam (original is destroyed), a mint condition dash, or just whatever you may have that was specific to the Shelby trucks. Let me know and thanks for the help.
    Bob

2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

Good Luck on finding parts, all are long discontinued. At least you have the light bar, probably the most difficult piece to find.

There were two similar steering wheels used. Both are three spoke with Shelby signature. One has woodgrain vinyl and leather, the other is full leather.

I think a skillful upholsterer could duplicate the Shelby fabric. The SHELBY script is embroidered on grey cloth.

Keep us informed of your restoration progress.

robin

3. moparrush

moparrush New Member

Yes alot of the parts are there, but are really rough. The light bar is in pretty bad shape and is going to take some work to save it. The rear bumper was replaced by a piece of crap on that looks like it come off a ford ranger or something, and the steering wheel in has a CS logo on the horn button, but doesn't have the Shelby script on it. So I don't know if it's original or not. Probably not, but that is why I'm looking for another one. I got the whole truck for $800 bucks and it's been sitting awhile and has alot of rust, but I'm a glutton for punishment and going to do my best to save it from a crusher. The guy I bought it from also had a red one that had been repainted in much better shape, but had over 250k miles on it, and he wants like 4-5k on it, which to me was a bit much. It wasn't even repainted in the right red, and the graphics are missing, but it's deffinitely a Shelby too. I'm going to do my best to just save the one I got from him, and bring her back from the dead. Thanks for the reply, and if anyone has anything please let me know. Thanks.
    Bob