Join Shelby Forums Today

Shelby Rampage!

Discussion in 'Shelby Dodge' started by Turbo_Rampage, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Turbo_Rampage

Turbo_Rampage New Member

Hey, I am a brand new member here :dance: What do you think of having a seperate forum link just for Rampages :rolleyes: Did the Shelby Rampage actually ever exist? And if so did they actually come from same place the GLHSs came from? (Is that prototype Shelby Street-Fighter Rampage still in existance?) This is all i found on this little trucks history http://www.allpar.com/omni/rampage/

I would love to here the plans that Carrol Shelby had on this little unique truck :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  2. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

Correct me if I have any of this wrong, but I saw a Shelby Rampage once at a Formula Atlantic race. It was the support vehicle for one of the FA teams. They used it to chase parts, tow the race car around the pits, etc.

The driver of that Formula Atlantic...... A guy named Patrick Shelby.

3. Turbo_Rampage

Turbo_Rampage New Member

Huh I have know clue on that. Thats why i posted this too see if anyone else out their knew anything about these Krucks. Thanx for the Reply though will wait and see if anyone else out their knows anymore info, So if we can prove that their was actual Shelby Rampages made at the same place the GLHSs came from. If so we might get are own Rampage link? ;) That would be cool!

4. sdac_guy

sdac_guy Member

In 1998 at our annual convention, Neil Hanneman was our guest speaker. Neil was one of the original Team Shelby racers driving the Shelby Charger in the early 80's. He was around during the years the Rampages in question were produced.

After his talk to us about his Team Shelby experiences, he opened the discussion up to a Q & A. One of the questions asked concerned the Shelby Rampage production. He only recalled partially, and turned to Jerry Mallicoat, who was one of the Chrysler liasons at the Chrysler Shelby Performance Center, and together they recalled there were one or two made at the time. They also remembered that some of Carroll's friends that owned Dodge dealers in the area produced some for sale.

This info pretty much agrees with what is listed on the ALLPAR site pointed to in a previous post.

I believe the parts chaser was probably produced in house by Shelby, and maybe one or two others for friends of Carroll's, but Shelby never produced any to be sold to the public as far as we have been able to determine.

I would be eager to see any proof to the contrary as this is one of the "gray area" topics that surface from time to time.

5. Turbo_Rampage

Turbo_Rampage New Member

Thanks alot for the info!! I havent been on this site for a while so this will explain the 2 month delay :(

6. rare_ram

rare_ram Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I have a Rampage too. No Turbo, just Shelby nose and hood so far.

7. scrampage1

scrampage1 Member

Attached Files: