Join Shelby Forums Today

Dash pad removal

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by Sinovac, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Sinovac

Sinovac New Member

Can someone tell me how to remove the dash pad? I have a terrible rattle under the pad. I would rather do the work myself rather than take the car to the dealer.

Thanks.

2. patty.dilabio

patty.dilabio Well-Known Member

Hi,
    welcome to the forum.
    We need to know which car you are working with..If it is the G.T.500 and it has a dash rattle,there is a T.S.B. that works available from your Ford dealer.
    I have done a few with great results,and it should be done before you go any
    further.
    Hope this helps out.
    P.D. :thumbup:

3. Sinovac

Sinovac New Member

Patty,

Sorry. It is a 2008 GT500. The noise appears to be coming from just above the passenger side airbag. Although I have descibed it as a rattle, the noise is more like two pieces of styrofoam rubbing together. Any information you can give on removing the the pad would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

4. patty.dilabio

patty.dilabio Well-Known Member

Hi,
    The noise you are describing is sounding like the rub/flex which is from the base of the "A" pillar molding.I would contact your favorite dealer and let them fix it for you.Have them check oasis and see if this tsb applies to your car.If you have warranty it should not cost you anything.
    Keep us posted.
    P.D.

5. keviinpiter

keviinpiter New Member

This is a 2008 GT500. Above the noise seems to come from passenger airbags. Although I have described it as a rattle, the noise is more like two pieces of Styrofoam rubbing together. You can give out any information about the pads, would be appreciated.