Join Shelby Forums Today

Need help ! hire Hertz Shelby ?

Discussion in 'Open Community Forum' started by Brettell75, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Brettell75

Brettell75 New Member

Middle to west United Kingdom (the green part)
    hello all, ineed some advice if you can help.
    My wife and i went to Miami last year and booked a Mustang through Hertz, when we arrived to pick up the car we were told the only hoofed warrior left was a Shelby so the lad behind the counter was going to upgrade us f.o.c.
    now i am a car fan and i new what a Shelby was (well sort of, because here in the U.K. you dont get many pure power cars) so my brain started to tell me that i must have heard him wrong ! you cant HIRE a car as powerfull as a Shelby, he must have said Shebley or something similar that was a soft top, but deep down i was still thinking did he say Shelby ?? so i played it cool, didnt want to look like a British fool ! He gave us the keys directed us to the parking area. There was only one car left there and my wife and i just stopped in our tracks about 20 meters away, we looked around just to make sure but there were no other cars anywhere, was this really the car were were going to get to pose around Miami, i held up the remote looked at my wife and said, it cant be ?? i pressed the button and it was, the lights flashed on a black with gold stripes GTH, and from the first time i turned that key i knew i wanted one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    so thats my Shelby history now heres the bit where i need your help,
    we are planning a trip in august/ september starting at either L.A. or San Fran. we want to to a big loop and see some of your wonders,Yosemite, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Palm Springs, San Diego, ect.
    but i want to hire another Shelby, from hertz or another company, do you know know where i could hire one because every time i look on hertz web site they dont actually list the Shelby, and some other small rentall places ive contacted want so much money i could nearly buy one !!!
    any ideas welcomed
    thanks guys

2. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

I think that Hertz has sold all of their Shelby GT H cars and no longer offers them for rental. The smaller more specialized rental companies may be your best bet.

Sounds like a fun trip. Best of luck finding a Shelby to take you to all of those great places.
    Randall