Join Shelby Forums Today

What has Carroll signed for you?

Discussion in 'Shelby History and Miscellaneous Topics' started by rshelby, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Photo

26 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. Poster

28 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. Magazine

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Book

17 vote(s)
    22.4%
  5. hat/shirt/clothing

18 vote(s)
    23.7%
  6. Part of my car!

46 vote(s)
    60.5%
  7. Model Car

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. Other

15 vote(s)
    19.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

2. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

So Far, Carroll has signed my 1999 Tribute Edition Shelby G.T. 350 American Prototype Mustang, My 2000 Sunburst Gold Tribute Edition Shelby G.T. 350R Prototype Mustang, my 2002 True Blue Tribute Edition Shelby G.T. 500 Extreme Prototype, my 2002 Deep Wedgewood Blue Tribute Edition Shelby Hauler Pick Up Prototype, several 1:18 Scale 1999 & 2000 Tribute Edition Shelby G.T. 500 & GT500KR Die Cast Cars, my 35th. Anniversary MCA Coat that is number 0002 and several other items. When my company, MUSTANG F/X, Inc. received a Contract with Carroll Shelby Licensing, Inc. signed by Carroll Shelby, he signed a cool Poster of the Shelby Series I and included a special message to me. I know this sounds like I am bragging, but you did ask.

3. steve

steve Member

2 Shelby Dakota t-shirts, one for each of my truck's!! I met him at a dealership where I was Parts Manager in Mt. Pleasent Texas. He did take time to meet everyone and check out the first Viper that was delivered to our dealership in 1992. He did sign the Viper dash. I still have the t-shirts and they have never been worn.

4. SFM6S2015

SFM6S2015 Well-Known Member

When I was restoring my first Shelby some friends had him sign a 67 sales flyer for me. When Mustang Monthly shot my 69 GT 350 for thier Jan 95 Shelby edition, Bill Neal shot some photos of me and Shelby Looking over and discussing my car and 69 Shelbys in general. My exwife got Shelby to sign those for me. Lastly I had him sign the inside of the trunk lid on my current Shelby. He bitched the whole time about sighing the trunk. Said "I can't make my signature look good in these trunks. Now I understand he won't sign a part if it's still on the car.

5. peckshelby

peckshelby Member

I had him sign the glove box door on my '66 Shelby at SAAC-28. "My Classic Car" was there filming and they actually put a small shot of him signing the glove box in the show! My Father took some excellent photos of the "My Classic Car" cameraman and myself in front of the table while Shelby was signing. We also got some great pics of Carroll and Dennis Gage shooting the interview in one of the Cobras in front of the Shelby trailer.

6. tesgt350

tesgt350 Well-Known Member

I was at the SAAC 28 as well. It was a great Event. I had the Blue with Gold Lemans Stripes Tribute Edition Shelby Hauler Prototype Ford Ranger that was park at Shelby's display Rig all weekend. He Signed the Air Bag on Sunday.

7. GT40

GT40 Active Member

He signed my SNELL helmet at the Eleanor shindig in North Dallas.

:thumbup:

8. CSX321

CSX321 Member

The instrument cluster bezel of my '87 CSX, and something kind of unusual...a Carroll Shelby Chili cooking apron.

9. rshelby

rshelby ShelbyForums Admin Staff Member

I saw one of those the other day and was wondering how many of them are out there. Where did you get yours?

10. CSX321

CSX321 Member

I got it several years ago from a Shelby memorabilia collector in Florida. I think it says McKinney, TX on it (which is right up the road from where I lived until last fall).

11. SFM6S2015

SFM6S2015 Well-Known Member

I drive by the old chile factory about 10 times a week. Used to love going in there. He had a Datona coupe in the lobby and the first and last Cobras in the warehouse. Along with a dozen other Ford and Dodge cars . The SCAT club had some of it's first shows there. I sure do miss the place!!!