Join Shelby Forums Today

What is it worth?

Discussion in 'Open Community Forum' started by randy, Nov 8, 2009.

1. randy

randy Member

I have a very good chance to buy a 1968 gt 500 convertable. It is all there orginal paint,top(that needs to be replaced) all interior is there and in decent shape (but smells bad) . The motor and tran is all there. the car has 100114 miles on it. The body is in real good shape only one small spot of rust trying to come through the paint. No rust in floor or trunk, that i could tell. The motor is orginal but heads cam and carb. The oil cooler is gone and fog lamp are wrong. that all i can think of right know, but any imformation from anyone that knows the cars would help. thanks:unsure:

2. randy

randy Member

ps.It has a 428 PI not a CJ

3. Coralsnake

Coralsnake Well-Known Member

What kind of history does the car have? where has it been, where was it sold? I can't say for sure, based on your description, but it sounds like it would be under $120,000

4. randy

randy Member

The car has been in texas sense 1969. It has not driven sence 1993 but has stayed in shop its whole life. dont what plant it was built at. If i do get the car i will need lots of help with imformation to put the car back the right way. thanks

5. Coralsnake

the forums can be helpful if you can sort out the bs. All 68 shelbys were built in New Jersey. Can you post the serial number?

I also recommend www.thecoralsnake.com

6. randy

randy Member

Not untill i get it . I should know something this week. the person who has it bought it in 1972 from his brother, who bought it in 1969 from a women who bought it new.I think it scard her.:lol:

7. Coralsnake

Well, let me know. I can certainly help you get your paperwork/history in order and we can go from there.

:thumbsup:

8. TLEA

TLEA Well-Known Member

You are buying it without even knowing the serial #? Do yourself a favor, find the # and send it to one of us (either Pete or I can help) and see what we can find out about the car. Not all sales are scams but if it is you could be in for a big hurt

9. 66shelbynz

66shelbynz Well-Known Member

i totally agree with Tim........ Randy you NEED to get the numbers checked before you hand over the ca$h - and these guys are the best in the business to help !!! If it soundz too good to be true........... it usually is !!!
    cheers