Join Shelby Forums Today

GT500 Tire Replacement - 2011 GT500

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by pete1719@verizon.net, Mar 17, 2012.

1. pete1719@verizon.net

pete1719@verizon.net Member

I am looking for replacement tires for my 2011 GT500. It has the SVT package with 265/40 19"s in front and 285/35 20"s in the rear. I would like to keep the 19/20 combination but don't want to pay the $1800.00 for the Goodyears.. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Pete

2. pete1719@verizon.net

how about this, has anyone run the Michelin pilot super sport tires and how did they compare to the Goodyears
    Michelin pilot super sport or Goodyear F1 supercar

thanks
    Pete

3. Jack69

Jack69 Member

I'm in the same case now. What was your election?
    I'm thinking in Michelin Pilot Sport 3. But the price is very similar.
    Thnaks[

QUOTE=pete1719@verizon.net;57794]how about this, has anyone run the Michelin pilot super sport tires and how did they compare to the Goodyears
    Michelin pilot super sport or Goodyear F1 supercar

thanks
    Pete[/QUOTE]

4. pete1719@verizon.net

[/QUOTE]

Well I bought the Pilot Super Sports, $1700.00 OTD from American Tire here in Orange County Ca. I've only had them a couple of days, good cold traction, unlike the Goodyears and they seem to corner as good. The front tires look like they could be a bit larger. I have the 19s in front, 265/40/19 and 285/35/20 in the rear. Will update in November when I take it on the Track...

Pete

5. Jack69

Jack69 Member

Thank you, Pete. I just started the search and I try to change tyres in December. I Also will update the information here.
    Jack.

Well I bought the Pilot Super Sports, $1700.00 OTD from American Tire here in Orange County Ca. I've only had them a couple of days, good cold traction, unlike the Goodyears and they seem to corner as good. The front tires look like they could be a bit larger. I have the 19s in front, 265/40/19 and 285/35/20 in the rear. Will update in November when I take it on the Track...

Pete[/QUOTE]

6. pete1719@verizon.net

Did the autocross yesterday and the Micheline Super Sports did fine as good or better than the Goodyears.

Pete

7. Jack69

Jack69 Member

Thank You, Pete.

The problem is that in Spain, The Only Michelin Tire available is Pilot Sport 2, not SuperSport model.
    In Goodyear ofert, the only tire is The Eagle F1 Asymmetric.

I continued with many doubts !!

Jack69

8. Jack69

Jack69 Member

Finally, I have bought also Michelin.

Specifically, the Pilot Sport 2 model, which is a sports tire that works especially in rain, very common in winter here in The Basque Country.

I've installed them yesterday. I Will comment you its performance in coming months.

Best regards! Pete

9. Jack69

Jack69 Member

Hello, Pete!

My first balance of the Michelin Pilot Sport 2 after more than 2 months, and with frequent rain, is quite good.*
    It is a tire with excellent grip on dry and very good in water.*

I'm happy with the choice, and also with the received recommendation. Pilot Sport 2 has better performance in water that Pilot Sport 3, and although the latter is more sports and going best in dry, their benefits in water are somewhat lower.*

Given the climate of the Basque Country, I believe that pilot 2 is a wise decision.

Greetings, Pete.

10. Dubya

Dubya New Member

[/QUOTE]

Hope this is helpful, .....Read on another forum that someone went through the same process, installing the michelins and also thought the tires looked small. Discount Tire took them off and measured them compared to the Goodyears and even though they were the same size the Michelins measured smaller than the goodyears....So he put on Michelin SS 275s up front and 295s in the rear and they now look right again...go figure