Join Shelby Forums Today

2008 Shelby GT revisited...

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by GrabberOrange69, Jul 22, 2007.

1. GrabberOrange69

GrabberOrange69 Well-Known Member

Gents, I live about 15 minutes away from Shelby American in Las Vegas so I watch the huge parking lot where they keep the Shelby GTs in waiting until they refit them.

The word from other's on this site is 2008s will come in medium blue only. So what are approximately 75 Grabber Orange GT mustangs doing in amongst the rest of the herd?

Guesses?

The photo sucks, but it’s the best I could get – the Orange cars are in the middle, halfway back…

Attached Files:

2. rossgt

rossgt Well-Known Member

They are 300 2008 Special Edition (California Market Only) Shelby GT's that will have Shelby Racing in the side stripe package and the same specs. as the standard 08 Shelby GT's. These cars are part of the 2100 Shelby GT run for 2008

3. GrabberOrange69

Wow - so by "California Market" I guess I couldn't get one in Las Vegas? Anyway, interesting news...

4. rossgt

rossgt Well-Known Member

5. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

Hey GrabberOrange69 have you seen any highland green cars around. The new rumor out of Flatrock is the Bullitts will be finished at Shelby American in Las Vegas. I know people at DRS industries that just completed the prototype for the Bullitt grill and have heard that the 2008 Bullitts will be mechanically simular to the Shelby GT.

6. GrabberOrange69

I'll look tomorrow - going out that way anyhow. I'll bring the camera, so if they are out there, I'll get 'em.

7. GrabberOrange69

Looked today - no highland green cars yet. But the Grabber Orange contigent has grown very large, as have the Hertz convertables.

8. mherman2

mherman2 Well-Known Member

Could you have one of these Grabber Orange cars "Supersnaked"? Or is that just for the 2007 GT500's?

Mike