Join Shelby Forums Today

2007 GT500 Numbers and Order Date

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by craven, Feb 15, 2006.

1. craven

craven Member

I spoke with SVT yesterday and they told me production was going to be around 7500 GT500's for 2007. Dealers will most likely be taking orders in March and they will be delivered in June or July.

Also found out that you can buy the GT500's from any Ford Dealer. They stated that every dealer is going to get 1. So dealers taking orders for more than that are wasting customers time.

I just put money down to buy the only at a local dealer today. I was very surprised to find that no one had even called them about it!!! They are selling it to me at MSRP.

They had spoken with their Ford Rep and were told the exact same thing. 7500 and 1 per dealer. Only difference was they were told orders were going to be taken in June.

Not much posting going on when it's getting this close to launch. Has everyone lost interest?

Craven

2. DeLa1Rob

DeLa1Rob Well-Known Member

Re: GT500 Numbers and Order Date

I have not lost interest but I am awaiting more details on the modified Mustangs that will be offered by Shelby Autos. I want to buy the most "Shelby" car for my money.

robin

3. Orf

Orf Member

Newbie here. At least for posting. Been reading for a while.

Anyway, were those numbers for just coupes, or for both coupes and convertibles? If both, any idea of the breakdown between the two?

4. craven

craven Member

Hi,

No they didn't give any type of breakdown on the 2 so it's harf to say. I'm sure the coupes will be the majority as always though.

I was kind of interested in what Shelby was doing on their own but from what I've heard it's just basically kits to upgrade your GT. Am I wrong on that? I've searched but cant find anything on it.

5. Orf

Orf Member

I wonder if they are allowing the dealers to order it the way they want it, hard top or drop top. Meaning, 7500 will be built and the breakdown will be determined by the orders placed.

I've been dealing with my local dealership for years, mostly trucks for my business. The Sales Manager told me they are getting one for sure, and there was talk of maybe getting another due to being in the Presidents Club, or whatever. I'm #2 on their list, behind the owners son I believe.

You said every dealer will get one, but does that mean only one? I trust the sales guys I deal with down there, but even they admit that I usually know more about the vehicles I buy than they do.

Oh, I haven't been following what Shelby is doing. I was a little intrigued by the Foose Mustang from Unique Performance. They're claiming 462 Hp.

6. craven

craven Member

That may be how it is with the coupe and ragtop. I was told I could order either one by my dealer. Some dealers are ordering the cars themselves and then jacking the price up. Mostly larger dealers where the demand is much higher.

From what I understand this is how it is going to happen. I'm not 100% but have heard from several Ford reps and SVT something along this line.

Each dealer is allocated 1 Shelby GT500. That means that no dealer will get more than 1 UNLESS there are dealers who do not order 1. In that case then there will be extra gt500's available to other dealers which will most likely be the larger dealers. So if you are Number 2 then it is possible because there will be quite a few dealers in smaller towns that will not order these due to there pricing and demand in a small town.

Dealers around here really dont know much themselves about the car. I spoke to 1 dealer who said that the car was only a Concept and not going to production. This was a Ford Dealer with 5 employees. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2006
  7. Orf

Orf Member

Hey, thanks for helping out a newbie. I have done business with some really small town dealers. I might hit one of them up, as well.

What are your thoughts on the Foose Mustang? I'm interested mainly because I watch Overhaulin' all the time. Love that show.

8. craven

craven Member

It's a nice looking car but I want something that I believe the value will skyrocket on in the future. I think the Shelby is that car as long as you dont get Red or Blue. I been reading a lot and that seems to be the 2 color of choices. The fewer cars of 1 color the better for value. Of course the Convertible will be a great investment as most people wont opt for the extra $5000 to get the ragtop.

I just called another dealer in an extremely small town here and he has 3 people in line already. 2 were from out of state so it looks like thats what everyone is doing. Better get going if you want one of these bad boys.

9. Orf

Orf Member

Will do.

Not to be a P.I.T.A., but my last question is if you know what the color choices are. I haven't been able to find anything online. I'm hoping the March Order Date rumor is true, not the June one.

10. craven

craven Member

Click on this link to SVT and then click on Specs to the left and scroll down. It is showing color options as well as the stripes option for each color.

http://www.svt.ford.com/gt500/index.html

Guess I should have did the math better. Ford Dealers are roughly 4800 in the US cars produced 7500. Guess there will be a few more out there at the larger dealers. Good news.

11. Orf

Orf Member

Why couldn't I find that myself??? Thank you.

Now I'm really jazzed. I was afraid they wouldn't offer Tungsten Grey.

You made my day.:thumbup:

12. craven

craven Member

I wish they would offer the interior color choice to match the exterior on the other colors like the red one. That red with the red/black interior looks great.

13. Magstar

Magstar Well-Known Member

Craven we do have Ford dealers here in Canada every dealer I have talked to says they will get at least one . How rare will the kilometer speedo equiped cars be .

14. Ravenge

Ravenge Member

I think the red interior matches or contrasts well with every exterior colour, except for yellow.

Edit: this is the first time I've heard of a one per dealer limit. Frankly I don't buy it, it's not supposed to be a limited production car. Ford should try to meet demand, on the other hand they might try to meet it with a multi-year run...

15. 07 Shelby Cobra

07 Shelby Cobra Active Member

From what I was told Only SVT Dealers in CANADA would be getting the Shelby, unlike Ford USA, which is apparently spreading them out to All Dealers? Canada won't see any Shelby Deliveries until at least September due to the Speedometer issue.

16. Magstar

Magstar Well-Known Member

SVT dealers and Presidents Choice dealerships will be getting them in Canada from what i am hearing .This is also true for the Ford G.T in Canada and the GT's won't be here until fall either.When do the 07 Shelby's hit the showrooms in U.S.A?

17. shelby chris

shelby chris Active Member

i did the same thing as the other guy above did....i went down to my local dealer this morning (small country store) and asked if they had pre-sold their inbound shelby. the salesman smiled and said "it's funny you ask, because we were talking about that car this morning.....hang on a minute" he came back a few minutes later and said that it wasn't spoken for yet. i told him that i'd only be interested in it if i could get it at sticker, and he said fine......i'm waiting for the owner to put something in writing, and i'll be giving them a deposit this afternoon. they don't know yet if it will be a fastback or a conv't. i wasn't planning on owning one of these, but i figure i can't go wrong.

18. 07 Shelby Cobra

07 Shelby Cobra Active Member

Sorry Mag, none to Presidents Choice Dealers.
    Exclusive to SVT Certified Ford of Canada Dealers, in Canada, only.

19. Orf

Orf Member

I posted this on another forum, as well, so forgive me if you've read it already.

I made it to my dealer today and gave them my order specs. I have the printout from Concepts (I think that's the name of the ordering program). Now I just have to wait. I'm No. 2 on the list, and one of their Service people is first. I talked to the guy in service, gave him the codes for all the various choices, and he said he'll make his choice in the next day or two. The sales guys said they'll enter his order first, and mine right after that.

This dealer is a President's Choice Dealer. So, I assume they will get 2 GT500s. Here is my question:

Will they be able to get both vehicles at the same time, or will they have to wait until one is built for every dealer before getting their second? My sales guy and the Sales Manager seem to think that they will have to wait for the second car. They said that was the case when the T-Birds came out. Neither of these two were aware that ordering information was even on their system yet for the GT500, so I'm not sure if they are right or wrong.

Can anyone give any insight to this?

20. crpadiem

crpadiem New Member

I'll ask around and find out what I can as I work for a Ford Dealer, but if it's anything like it was when the T-birds first came back then the dealers will not get to "order" them, they just get sent a car or two and have to sell what they get sent.